Friday 4 January 2008

My first self-made trinket!


This is the very first item I made when I made my foray into jewellery making recently. A pair of dangling earrings, not quite the length of shoulder dusters but long enough for me!

It was mind boggling being in the bead shop surrounded by such a vast array of beads, stones, charms and crystals in so many different shapes, colours and sizes! There were sooooo many delicious colours to choose from, I felt absolutely spoilt for choice! I settled on a gorgeous pair of Swarovski drop crystals in a beautiful Golden Shadow colour, accompanied by round Swarovski crystals and round Czech glass beads in pretty colours. Pity the picture above doesn't quite do the colours justice, some come out looking almost transparent!

The handiwork is a bit shoddy, but given that it was my absolute first attempt at making jewellery, surely I can be forgiven? ;)

I quite like the overall result though, reminds of my lollies - yum! haha

Being my maiden piece of work, this will always have a special place in my heart..... and my jewellery box! :)

No comments: