Tuesday 29 January 2008

Beautiful Barcelona


My maiden trip to Spain has taken my breath away. Wow, is all I can say. Barcelona is a fantastic city and I now understand why its a wildly popular destination of travellers to Europe. My trip can be described in one word - fabulous! I had a magnificent time exploring the sights, sounds and tastes of Barcelona, checking out its quaint little pedestrian lanes, walking around the Old City, getting culturally acquainted with its museums and galleries, admiring its fantastic and unique architecture (thanks to Gaudi!) and sampling its wonderful, heavily seafood-based cuisine. The days I spent independently sightseeing were the most fun, I absolutely relished the complete freedom and autonomy I had in creating my own travel itinerary and I was reminded of how much enjoyment I could derive from my own company. I was having so much fun even though I was moving around alone, hubs locked away in his day long seminars. But of cause, it was nice being able to return back to the hotel in the evenings and share details of the wonderful day I had with him.

Oh, and the weather was simply beautiful for winter, plenty of sunshine. Nothing tops Mediterranean climates. Oh boy, do I miss Perth!

And surprisingly, I did not miss my beads as much as I thought I would, till towards the end of my trip. Time to get the fingers working! I can't wait! :)

2 comments:

oceanskies79 said...

Barcelona seems a nice place to visit.

Trinket Addict said...

Absolutely! I'm just so thankful I had this opportunity to visit such a wonderful city. Make it high up on your travel list!