Thursday 17 January 2008

Cherry Ripe!




I received a request from two of my gal pals late this afternoon who had "commissioned" me to custom make a necklace as a birthday pressie for a mutual friend.

The catch was this: ~ the birthday was next week and I'm going to be off to Barcelona on Sunday for a week and I already had a jammed packed weekend schedule which meant I had to get it done before the weekend.

So, that didn't leave me with much time as its already Thursday evening. Fret not, I was determined to deliver the goods before I fly off. I guess my brain had already been subconsciously picking out colours for the necklace and I rushed to the bead shop after work to select my materials as I had mentally calculated I did not have sufficient beads in stock at home to complete the necklace.

Well, as a result of probably being inspired by my outfit for Chinese New Year (it has cherry prints!), the colours of this necklace are stemming from those of cherries! Think red plump cherries dangling from their vine green stems....

So girls, here's the special order you have placed.... I hope she likes it!

Ingredients: Beads in various colours, 14k plated gold extender chain and a "Made with Love" charm to finish it off!

2 comments:

oceanskies79 said...

Hey, a nice and lovely design.

May you have a safe journey and enjoyable trip to Barcelona.

Trinket Addict said...

Thanks dear!

I'm sure I'll have a great time. Will make sure to take lots of pics to share with you.