Friday 4 January 2008

My first charm bracelet


Jewellery, being very personal, with everyone having their own personal tastes, makes it a challenge when you intend to make something for someone. Thus, when I set about making these Xmas pressies for my friends, I had to know their tastes well enough to ensure they did not absolutely hate what I had made.... my goal was that they did not dislike what I made and might even like it a bit. I wasn't planning to be too ambitious.

I had originally intended to make earrings for this particular friend but on second thought, felt that a charm bracelet would suit her personality better. I was very excited with the arrival of the supplies I had ordered and rummaging through the various charms, stones and glass beads which I had bought, I quickly assembled this piece, finishing it off with a floral clasp. I felt quite pleased by the end result.

But I was worried it might have been too "offbeat" and non-mainstream for her liking so I MMS her a pic of her Xmas pressie. She floored me with her response which was overwhelmingly positive and I floated on a cloud that night! Thanks!!! It gave me the right dose of encouragement and confidence that perhaps I might just have a bit of a flair for this... :p

2 comments:

chameleOn said...

Heya, can't wait to receive this charm bracelet from ya. Thanks in advance, muacks! Hehe...

Trinket Addict said...

Yo babe, you're very welcome! So glad that you love it! Hee :) Enjoy!

Can't wait to work on your request... haha