Tuesday 13 May 2008

Scarlett Bouquet Earrings



Usually, one finds accessories to go with an outfit. For me, this case was the complete opposite. I found the dress to match the earrings! Haha

I had made these earrings in my quest for fancy earrings. I did not have a particular outfit in mind, I just wanted to make dangling earrings. I used the Paparadascha Swarovski crystals because I found their colour unique. Not quite red nor pink, but not quite orange either. But I find these earrings not as "glam" as those for fancy evening dinners. They are striking, but as one friend put it, it complements an outfit more than draw attention away from it. I happened to chance upon the dress in a similar colour and hence, the outfit for the non formal welcome dinner hosted by the bridal couple in Koh Samui was decided.

And in case you're wondering, these earrings aren't heavy at all. The 14k plated gold filigrees and Swarovski crystals still feel fairly light. I'm terribly conscious of heavy earrings as I find them incredibly tiring to wear! ;p


No comments: