Wednesday 7 May 2008

Purple Addiction Earrings


These earrings were made for a girl friend's bday which is coming up early next week. We had a "be-early" celebration for her as I will be away later this week. Somehow, the Tanzanite coloured Swarovski crystals seem to lose a bit of their intense purple colour on film.... a wee bit of that purple spark of fire seems to be missing and can't translate across this medium. Oh well, I have tried my best to adjust the settings to best represent the colour, but I have noticed that Tanzanite is always difficult to capture on image. Nonetheless, I think she likes her new baubles :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey gal, what do u mean i like my new baubles? I absolutely luv them! :) I've worn them to work already! Thanks a bunch dearie! - MY

oceanskies79 said...

I like the way that light shines through the intense purple colour of the crystals. I can imagine how lovely the earrings would look in real-life. I think it was a good attempt to capture it on image. =)

oceanskies79 said...

By the way, the frame (is that what they are called?) on which the crystals hang on has an elegant European feel to it. My eyes tell me that the earrings will bring out the sense of elegance and grace in their wearer. =)

Trinket Addict said...

MY: Glad you luv them babe! :)

oceanskies79: Thx! I was trying to capture them as accurately as I could. Realised nothing beats natural day light! Yup, the filigrees (the metal frame) are quite elegant eh?

Anonymous said...

i like the color!!!! make me something like that! have a good hols babe

Trinket Addict said...

mei: Yes, its a lovely colour, although it doesn't come across as purple in the photos as it actually is, better I show you in person. Thx, I had a fantastic trip! :)