Tuesday 13 May 2008

A little slice of heaven


Just got back from the Four Seasons Koh Samui. What can I say, but paradise found? Its a lovely resort set on an isolated steep cliff, perfect for that chill out, R&R holiday with a loved one. The hubs and I were there to attend a friend's wedding and I must say the wedding itself was absolutely beautiful! It certainly set a new benchmark for weddings, it was a romantic and dreamy beach wedding and thank goodness the weather held up.

This being my first resort holiday, I was not sure what to expect. Would I be bored? Well, the resort with its luxurious villas are designed with the level of comfort to enable you not to leave them at all! We basically holed ourselves in the villa/resort most of the days we were there. We had the choice to hang out in our own pool, laze on the huge daybed or even tan on our own deckchairs.

The most incredible thing of all? My brain completed switched off itself from my usual busy life and the world around. Not once during the stay did I think about anything related to my usual schedule back home. Not the fact that I was not going to bead, not the fact that I was missing my Sunday Jazz Ballet lessons, nor did I even think about the news in the financial markets. I was completely relaxed and chilled out. It felt wonderful. Sometimes, I guess less is really more.

2 comments:

oceanskies79 said...

Looks like you have a lovely get-away. :)

Trinket Addict said...

Yes, it was a wonderful little break! :)