Sunday 2 March 2008

Parting Can Be Such Sweet Sorrow

Hmm, seems like the Luxe necklace I made is getting a pretty good response. The gf who commissioned it as a bday gift has taken quite a fancy to it herself (are you contemplating keeping it for yourself dear? ;p) and so has another gf who saw the necklace when she popped over to my place just then tonight. To be honest, I quite like it myself too!

That's what I've realised since I took up beading - it can be quite difficult to part with your creations. Each and every single piece that I've made feels like a little part of me. Its a reflection of my mood, my feelings, my thoughts and my style. So even though it makes me very happy and feeling accomplished when others admire and appreciate the pieces that I've created, its also bittersweet when I send them off to their new owners. But nevertheless, I take great pride in knowing that someone out there is wearing a piece of jewellery I created and made, and perhaps liking it as much as, or even more than I do! That's one of the best reasons I enjoy about beading - the pride and satisfaction derived! :)

No comments: