Saturday 15 March 2008

Enchantment Necklace



This was my very first customised order where I was going to incorporate the use of semi-precious stones. I had purchased a small stash of various semi-precious stones/beads but had not had a chance to utilise them as yet.

The cuz-in-law's "modelling" at work of the necklaces I made for her seems to have paid off. Hehe. I received an order from ms D, for a two tiered gold necklace which was to incorporate a Japanese tensha bead as she had seen the one in Oriental Dreaming and liked it. She wanted something she could wear with her mostly black or white outfits.

So with the cuz-in-law's help, I managed to do a bit of "homework" on my customer and decided that a combination of these unusual shaped Red Agate beads mixed with pale Czech glass beads and a large twisted piece of Quartz (which has hints of topaz and pink colours) would go nicely together. And not forgetting the Japanese tensha bead of course.

I'll be honest - I think this combination of beads/stones may not have mass appeal, but as I understand it, ms D is not your usual "I like pink" type of girlie. She's more funky and electic in her sense of style, as I was told. Hence, I hope my choice of the Red Agate beads and Quartz will not disappoint. But I must admit, the more I look at this necklace, the more it grows on me! And check out that unusual apple toggle clasp... its pretty interesting!

I hope she likes it!

Ingredients: 14k plate gold chain, Red Agate beads, Quartz stone, Czech glass beads, Japanese tensha bead, apple toggle clasp

No comments: