Saturday 9 February 2008

The G&G Bracelet


The CNY festive holidays have been jam packed with activities.... I was busy putting my hands to other uses such as the obligatory once a year mahjong session with the sister (not much improvement in terms of skill or speed!) and have been too tired to squeeze in any beading.

Well, the itchy fingers finally got a chance this afternoon to get back into beading action. I managed to finally complete the charm bracelet that one of my girlfriends asked me to do a while back. Mrs T and the hubs are currently away on their honeymoon and celebrating CNY in Vancouver, so she told me I had plenty of time to come up with a charm bracelet (her fav accessory!) in her favourite colours for the year - Green & Gold. When she told me her fav colours, I immediately had a design in mind. For the Gold portion, I would have dual strand gold chains each of different pattern. I also wanted to infuse in some lovely gold hoops I had. And of cos, I had to incorporate the Green element using a mix of Swarovski crystals and glass beads.

So finally, after lying partially finished in my bead box for the last couple of weeks, its finally complete! Babe, if you happen to log in from Vancouver, I hope you like it!

Ingredients: 14k plated gold chains, gold hoops, brass charms (margarita, shopping bag, high heel shoe and adorable Cupid!), Swarovski crystals and Czech glass beads topped off with a cute 14k plated heart hook clasp

2 comments:

oceanskies79 said...

When you have enough designs on hand, you may wish to consider taking part in MAAD, to publicise and test the market?

Trinket Addict said...

Hmm, that's an idea. But the rate at which I'm creating is too slow for me to even think of taking part in MAAD! That's the sad reality of being a weekend beader! Oh well, I'm having enough fun as it is right now, so I'm contented to let things remain as they are for now. :)